Thursday, June 16, 2011

The Window Frame

I love photography.  I have a camera, I try.  I'm not a photographer.  I CAN appreciate good photography, however.  I have no training.  I identify a great photograph when I look and all the sudden I feel something.  It's as if my heart is a small puddle and a finger has gently tapped it, causing a ripple effect. I continue to stare and feel a connection to the moment captured.

Looking out a window can be like seeing a great picture.  From different places in a room, the window frames different aspects of the world outside.  Sitting upstairs in my family room, I can see framed an early morning, periwinkle sky with an expanse of slate blue clouds stationed at the bottom half of the window.  Through another window a distant section of the Rocky Mountains boarders a farm just sprouting with green grain.  The open window to my right is completely filled with tree trunks and leaves, which i can hear rustling in the breeze.  Between the trees I can catch a peek at our neighbors large anitque wood barn, dilapitated, leaning, but beautiful in it's element.

Life gives us lots of windows.  Windows of the world are always easy to find.  They are big.  They promise thrill and excitement, but are often not windows at all, but only illusions.  Perhaps the windows we should spend the most time gazing through are quieter and not as prominent.  Search.  Be deliberate in choosing to find the windows that offer views of things that are most important such as building strong families, solidifying faith, and giving relief to those who are struggling.  I find these windows through reading good literature (including scripture), being in nature, nurturing and serving my family, freely forgiving others, praying, and being in tune with ways I can reach out and lift people.  In the end I hope my life is full of framed moments of integrity, love, work, and compassion with my family in every frame.

No comments:

Post a Comment